Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I purchase online? What is the process?
Here is how to arrange a shipment and transfer:
Find the gun you want You pay us directly for the firearm. We accept all major credit cards.
Choose your FFL dealer (Federal Firearms License): We cannot ship a gun direct to you, we do ship to the local FFL dealer of your choice. Any legitimate gun store or gun dealer has an FFL license.
Pick up your gun: Inspect your gun before accepting the transfer. If you are not happy for any reason leave the gun at the dealer.
- Find a licensed FFL dealer in your area.
- Contact the dealer and let them know you would like to receive a firearm for transfer from Salient Arms International Inc.
- Be sure to ask about their FFL transfer fee, commonly around $25 but varies by state.
- If you agree to their fee, arrange the transfer with your FFL dealer. (We do not arrange the transfer)
Provide your dealer with our mailing address or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) where they can send a copy of their FFL. (if not already on file).
- FFL Physical Address: 6713 South Eastern Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89119
- Once you have selected an FFL for your transfer, please indicate the dealers name (actual name on the FFL) on your order so we know where to ship your firearm.
- What is the difference between the Tier Packages?
We currently offer two different Tier Packages: Tier One and a Tier Two packages that can applied to Glock and Smith & Wesson M&P models.
The Tier Two package is geared towards someone that wants to stay as close to stock but with the all the advantages of our slide truing/lightening and frame enhancements. On a Tier Two package our fiber optic sights come standard and your OEM barrel will be black nitrided, or you can choose to TiN coat the barrel for a small charge. The Tier Two package now comes with Tier One internals standard - no additional charge. The Tier Two packages do not come with a match fluted and threaded barrel (only available on Glocks and in 9mm).
The Tier One package is our top of line package and takes performance to the edge - while still retaining all of the reliability you expect from Glock or Smith & Wesson. The Tier One can easily be differentiated between a Tier Two since there is additional weight that is taken out from the slide by the addition of window cuts on the sides and the top of the slides. Tier One packages includes a Match Fluted and threaded barrels (Only on Glocks in 9mm), Tier One Internals and our Fiber Optic sights.
- What weapon manufacturers do you work on?
We currently only work on Glock, Smith and Wesson M&P Lines, and Benelli M1/M2/M4's. We will be offering additional work on some other manufactures in the future. The RED, BLU and GRY are all our own production guns are made in house by Salient Arms International.
- Can I send in my own gun? Or do you only work on the guns you supply?
Yes, you can certainly send in your own gun and we will apply any tier package to your weapon. We can also supply a gun for a tier build if its something that you currently do not have. You CANNOT supply your own 1911 or AR15 for work since those are all done in house as production guns built by SAI.
- What does your warranty cover?
We offer a completely transferable limited lifetime warranty that we feel is one of the best out there. In short, we keep SAI weapons running forever, period. We just ask that you give us a call before sending it back to discuss. We are here to do everything we possibly can, however there are some things we cannot cover. If you happen to throw your SAI g17 Tier One into the oven with a frozen pizza and it melts, that would not be covered (it’s happened). Our warranty goes even further. If you are involved in a legal use of deadly force situation and your SAI weapon is taken into evidence, we will provide you with another, free of charge, until you get yours back.
- Who did the Photography for the Site?
We are extremely happy to display work from Evike.com
, SSV Media
and Weapons Manipulation and Tactics
on our Site. The product images are done by Evike.com
and SSV Media
. The home page images were done by Weapons Manipulation and Tactics
+ SSV Media
. You can see additional examples of their work on Facebook or Instagram.